Job title: Service Desk Advisor
Starting Salary: £18,000 per annum (plus bi-annualy bonus)
Agility Data Solutions is currently seeking a talented, knowledgeable IT Service Desk Advisor to be based at our head office in Ewen, Cirencester close to Cheltenham, Gloucester and Swindon.
Working within our technical services team, this is a busy, important role which will involve providing effective IT support to multiple customers who are based across several sites in the UK. The role will be varied as the business continues to grow, however initially it will involve managing supported customer service cases with plenty of potential for progression into field services, project engineering and specialist consultancy work.
Main duties will involve dealing with:
- First line queries on a ‘one call’ basis such as password and system resets, hardware related faults and queries, desktop and app support and new user profile creation.
- In addition, the successful candidate will assist with some 2nd line queries escalating where necessary. New equipment & peripheral installation, conducting software and data backups and report writing will also be involved in the role
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput and latency)
- Supporting clients both remote and on a face-to-face basis depending on the issue.
- Working within a small team of other multi-skilled IT Support Engineers to support external customers.
- Adhere to change control processes and governance across our client base
- Research and make recommendations on system administration
- Managing cases via the Netsuite ERP Platform
- Utilising skills and knowledge to assist customers with case resolution, Monitoring case escalations
- Reporting and liaising with Agility resellers and their end users.
Desirable Skills/Certification Requirements:
In order to apply, you must have proven IT 2nd/3rd line support experience gained in a similar role. You must also have first class skills in written and spoken English with excellent grammar, along with an organised approach and an ability to prioritise. Client site visits will form an integral part of the role so you must have a full UK driving license, access to your own vehicle would be desirable.
Technically, you will also need to demonstrate an understanding of Windows desktop operating systems and applications. A working knowledge of Windows Server Operating systems, Active Directory & Group Policies is essential, experience of using ITIL methodology is beneficial but not essential at this stage. You should also have an understanding of Networking and a methodical approach to troubleshooting.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with great training, a positive environment in which to work and a competitive package including a company contribution pension, bi-annual bonus scheme, private healthcare and staff events. Personally you will be bright, enthusiastic and keen to progress in a vibrant, forward thinking business.
For more information please contact Kelly Edgington at Agility Data Solutions Ltd immediately. Urgent applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org are sought for imminent interviews.